Saturday, April 07, 2007

something new


This is the first time I have noticed a spiders web in my cretaceous garden. It might indicate that the garden is drying out, normally I associate spider webs with dry, very low humidity, places. Whilst i have seen plenty of spiders around, red backs, white tails, and huntsman, but i suspect this is an orb spider web (the nicely circular section on the center is very characteristic). You never know it may well be a close relative of the spiders in space that perished when the columbia came apart on renetry. Those golden orb spider came from around this way.

Looking around the web, internet that is, I still can't find any evidence to support my suspicion that spiders webs mean the garden is drying out, but here is great page a spider myths

No comments: